Tuesday, February 25, 2014

CHAPTER 49 SNIPPET

Hey guys! Thought I would be able to update sooner or a couple more chapters before the month ends but yeap, work is such a bitxh. I think it's high time to get a new job. Maybe those 'guests' who kept whining about my chapter progress on my bio should hire me as their personal writer. I would be happy to write for 'you' all day all night but make sure the pay is better than my current job. If you'll become my employer you can whine all you want, you can say 'I should just wrap my story up because it's dragging by the time a new chapter comes' (in which BTW, in my Personal opinion, as the 'writer' of the story I'm the only one who knows when I should 'wrap it up' thank you very much) and you can have the right to demand for me to write faster and when to update. And the '7 odd week break' ( Odd? Did I sign any contract that I can't take a break from writing fanfiction?) Like what one of the 'guest' reviewers said if you weren't able to read the other reviews from the chapter, I have a life. I am not a writer. I have a job. And it's not writing. Oh and did I mention I have a life? Yeap, that sums up my '7 odd week break'.

Sorry if you did read that mini-rant. Well, I'm hoping those 'guests' would read this. I don't want to be rude but I'm in the middle of my monthly report and it's sooo long and frustrating and I'm starving. (Oh you don't want me upset when I'm hungry! lol) And they just don't get it. I'm taking a short break now at work because if I keep typing the reports my brain would explode any minute. So when I came across Chapter 49 and 50 documents and thought of giving you something. Then I remembered the guest review that I just read last night and thought I should answer it one last time. Oh maybe I should recommend another full novel so they would be occupied and won't have to wait for the ending of the story.

Yes, a have a couple of good reads that you might want to try. And I'm glad you liked the Valentine's Day special. I might write more holiday specials in the future.

Here's Chapter 49 snippet:



*****

After a few minutes my phone buzzed and I quickly grabbed it. Oh no.

“Mrs. Boyle.”

“I knew you said you’d be calling back but since I’m already here in Portland, I don’t think there’s any reason to delay this meeting.” She said not even acknowledging me first. What an arrogant woman.

“I see." I paused. "Since you didn't wait for my call, I’m afraid you’ll have to wait. I’m still working and won’t be finished in twenty minutes or so.” At this moment, I just didn't care if she was Gavin’s mother. Her actions and words were just plain rude, maybe it was high time to let her know I wouldn't take bullshit from anybody. Not even from my boyfriend’s mother.

First, we hadn’t met. Why would she dislike me this much if we hadn't even been in one room? Second, she’s being disrespectful with her son’s wishes. They’d already talked about her issues regarding Chloe; I just didn’t see the point of her pursuing whatever she came here for. And lastly, I told her to wait for me to call back. She didn't.

“I’m staying here at the Heathman. I’ve reserved a private dining room, you can meet me there.”

“Then I will see you in 30 minutes, Mrs. Boyle.” And I hung up. I was planning to tell Gavin first about her mom’s call yesterday but since she’s here, might as well just get it done and over. I’d just send him a text message before I meet his mother.

I just hoped that things wouldn't get ugly.



4 comments:

  1. I've been trying to comment since I got my email, but it wouldn't let me log in I don't know if there was a problem. Thanks for the snippet :) Things with Gavin's mother are getting really good, such an interesting storyline. Looking forward to finding out what is going on. And don't worry about those bugging you for an update. Work and real life comes first :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait for this chapter. Please post soon when you're not too busy. In the mean time I'm reading yet again the valentine special because it was so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for chapter 49. I've missed Mr. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you be updating the story again please?

    ReplyDelete